Have no experience cooking? Want to learn to cook something that is healthy and tasty in a jiffy? This recipe has you covered!
This meal is something that can be prepared the evening before the work-week and stored for a quick and healthy lunch!
Baked Salmon with Veggies and Rice
- Baking tray, aluminum foil and parchment paper.
- Veggies (I chose Green Beans and Brussel Sprouts).
- Olive oil.
- Salt and Black Pepper.
- Salmon Filet.
- Brown rice
Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- Wash veggies. Cut the Brussel Sprouts into fourths.
- Cut Salmon Filet into 4-5 pieces and brush with olive oil.
- Line baking tray with aluminum foil and parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Place green beans and cut Brussel Sprouts on the baking tray.
- Place salmon on the side of the veggies.
- Cut some lemon slices and place these on each of the salmon filets.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Cook for 25 minutes (cooking time will vary based on how thinly the salmon is sliced).
- Remove and check to see if the salmon is done (does it flake easily with a fork?). If not done, then return to the oven and reassess later.
- If done, then remove the salmon for plating.
- Place the veggies back in until they are cooked (the Brussel Sprouts are quite good when they are a bit charred).
- I used a rice cooker to prepare the rice.
- Take 1 cup of brown rice and place into the rice cooker.
- Wash the rice 2X.
- Then place approximately 1.5 cups of water (1.5 times the volume of rice used).
- Turn on rice cooker and wait until ready.
Putting it all together:
- Plate and Eat!
- The leftovers are perfect microwavable lunches for the next week!