Have no experience cooking? Want to learn to cook something that is healthy and tasty in a non-time-intensive manner? This recipe has you covered!
This meal is something that can be prepared on the weekend and can be stored to be enjoyed throughout the week!
Baked chicken with salad and quinoa:
- Ingredients needed:
- 7-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I shop at Costco and usually purchase a package of 7-8 chicken breasts – so that I can bake a whole bunch at once).
- 1 tablespoon of salt and the seasoning of your choice (I prefer Creole). Alternatively, various pre-made sauces can be used for flavoring.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Set up baking tray – line it with tin foil.
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle salt & seasonings to both sides.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
- Then flip the chicken breasts to the opposite side.
- Bake for another 15 minutes OR until no longer pink in the center (internal temperature should be at least 74 degrees C).
- Once cooked, the chicken can be stored in containers and frozen for the week ahead.
- Salad prep:
- Baby kale OR spinach OR Mixed garden salad
- Baby sweet tomatoes
- Baby cucumbers
- Hummus OR Salad Dressing
- Carb: quinoa, Uncle Ben’s Rice or even a piece of toast with hummus spread.
- Microwave one of the frozen baked chicken made above.
- Add a side of baby kale, baby tomatoes and cut cucumbers, with a generous serving of hummus or salad dressing.