Cooking is something that I always loved the idea of doing but was never sure if I could master. This blog post is to share some of the tips and tricks I learnt about how to cook a simple recipe for breakfast and how I learnt to boil pasta!
How I Learnt to Cook:
- Youtube: Youtube has recipes and tutorials on everything from boiling pasta to making french toast and having someone show you how to do it can make it a lot easier to follow than reading a recipe for visual learners like myself!
- AllRecipes.com : An awesome website I use to find cooking recipes; looking at the reviews is one of the most helpful ways to see if there are any recommended modifications from people who have tried the recipe!
- Talking to a Loved One on the Phone: When I first learnt to cook it was me in the kitchen with my mom on the phone as she told me step by step what to do; it may sound a little silly but it definitely worked!
Breakfast: Baked Avocado
- Scoop out the inside of half an avocado creating enough space for an egg yolk and egg white mixture to fit
- Inside the hole I add a cracked egg, salt, pepper and Siracha Hot Sauce
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- You have your baked egg in an avocado!
How to Boil Pasta
I used to boil pasta on a max flame in a big pot of water, but what I learnt through a cooking article and through trial and error is that once the water starts to boil if I lower it to a medium flame the water actually absorbs better into the pasta. As a result, I only need enough water to cover the pasta itself so that it boils a bit quicker than if I overfilled the pot with water.